the product that changed my life: LA ROCHE POSAY

I've never given much thought on how to take care of my skin until I became a mother. Back then, I'd just wash my face with a cleanser. I wouldn't mind whether the cleanser would dry my skin or not as long as it cleanses my skin and won't break me out. I wouldn't even put on moisturizer. But everything changed since I gave birth. After giving birth, my skin was chaotic! It was so chaotic especially after giving birth to my second child. My skin was screaming ACNE and I had dry skin. I had to go to a dermatologist and she suggested to undergo accutane (which I did not) and prescribed a cream for my acne. Eventually, my skin went back to normal and my acnes are manageable. Thanks to LA ROCHE POSAY!

I have combination skin (center of my face is oily, rest is dry), acne prone and super sensitive skin. How sensitive? If the product doesn't suit me, my skin would react right away. I'd feel a burning and tingling sensation and a few minutes after, I'd find growing acnes that's why I'm very picky with the products I use. I have so much love for  La Roche Posay. It is very gentle and very effective. I have been loyal to these products:

1. La Roche Posay Pigmentclar Serum
-A serum that targets dark spots and pigmentation. On the website: INNOVATION PIGMENTCLAR: This anti-dark spot serum with long lasting efficacy* offers a global correcting approach, to even out visibly the complexion, with results sustained in time.

This is the first product that I used. I swear by on this! The consistency is liquidy and lightweight (because it's serum 😂). It doesn't have a harsh fragrance. Actually, I find the smell really nice. When I first tried this, there was a bit tingling sensation and i found a few bumps. I thought that this didn't suit me. But I was surprised! Next day, my bumps were dry! This has never happened to me before. The cream that my dermatologist prescribed me took months before it dried my acne. I consider this a miracle product. I love how it brightened my skin and gave radiance. Though my skin adjusted to this for a week (had a few bumps), it really did lighten my dark spots. I also used this not just to treat my pigmentation but also to treat my acne. It also gave hydration to my combination skin. 

The only problem is, it is not available locally. I asked my friend from Dubai (who also recommended this product) to get me this. This doesn't come cheap (price= Php3,000ish converted from Aed to Php) but it is really worth it!

2. La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo [+]
-An acne treatment that unclogs the pores. On the website: specifically formulated to target the key signs of oily, blemish-prone skin. Clinically proven to correct the appearance of blemishes. Unclogs pores and refine the look of skin texture. This daily skincare solution is suitable even for sensitive skin.

I treat this as an acne moisturizer. It really does the job! It prevents acne and hydrates my skin at the same time. It's very gentle and it didn't break me out at all. It also has a mild scent, a decent mild scent. This really helped clear my skin. I heard that this is a replacement for the effaclar duo.  Sadly, this isn't available locally. I got mine from Singapore and the price is around Php1,200-1,300ish (converted from Sgd to Php).

3. La Roche Posay Effaclar A.I
-An acne treatment that targets the spots. On the website: Targeted care for individual blemishes. Suitable for sensitive skin. Targets individual blemishes, helping to reduce their appearance and prevent residual marks. 

I put this directly on spots. It's an okay product. You wouldn't notice the effect overnight. I don't think any spot treatment could do that but it helps with the inflammation. I find that on regular bumps, it will take 3-5 days for the acne to dry. If you have large and red bumps then it will take longer than 5 days to dry. This also has a mild scent. Again, this also isn't available locally. The price is around Php1400-1500ish (converted from Sgd to Php.


These LRP products are french formula. I find the US formula different so I highly recommend that if you try these products, get the french formula "made in france". I use the pigmentclar serum at night http://www.laroche-posay.co.uk/product-treatments/Pigmentclar/Pigmentclar-Serum-p11886.aspx ; effaclar duo [+] at morning http://www.laroche-posay.co.uk/product-treatments/Effaclar/EFFACLAR-DUO-p9670.aspx ; and effaclar a.i. at morning and night http://www.laroche-posay.co.uk/product-treatments/Effaclar/Effaclar-A-I-p684.aspx 





This is the consistency of the effalcar duo [+]. I only used a camera phone.




This is the consistency of the effaclar a.i. and again, i only used a camera phone so please bear with me.

I didn't take a picture of my pigmentclar serum because it's broken. You may check the link to see the product. These are highly recommended!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts