HG CLEANSER

I'm always on the hunt for a good and affordable cleanser. I don't want to spend that much on cleansers or makeup removers because I'm saving for treatments. One of my theories when it comes to beauty is to find a cheap or affordable cleanser as long as it is effective. My Holy Grail cleanser doesn't come cheap but it is so worth it! It's the CLINIQUE TAKE THE DAY OFF CLEANSING BALM http://www.clinique.com.ph/products/1673/skin-care/cleansers-makeup-removers



I heard this from my favorite makeup artist/beauty guru Lisa Eldridge. She recommended this and I strongly believe on her opinions especially when it comes to beauty. I immediately went to a Clinique store to get this and I've been loyal ever since.



On the website: Lightweight makeup remover quickly dissolves tenacious eye and face makeups, sunscreens. Transforms from a solid balm into a silky oil upon application. Cleans thoroughly, rinses off completely. Gently helps remove the stress of pollution so skin looks younger, longer. Non-greasy. Non-drying. Ophthalmologist Tested. For all skin types.

I got my first purchase of this at the Clinique store in SM Megamall A for Php1550 (4.2 oz). This is available in any Clinique store/counter but bear in mind that this gets sold fast. A few years ago, it was so easy to get a hold of this. I just bought a new tub of this last week and it was sold out on Rustan's. I panicked! I immediately went to another Clinique store and they had 1 left so I bought it right away. 

This comes in a lightweight, thick plastic tub and you have to twist the lid counter-clockwise direction to open the product. I just wish that a spatula comes with this. I've mentioned on my previous blogs that I would really much prefer if consumers would provide a spatula with the product that comes in a tub for hygienic purposes. This cleanser has no scent. The smell is close to a smell of a classic chapstick or lip balm without the flavor. You probably wouldn't notice it.



Please excuse the picture. I know it's not presentable but I thought this will do for now since I'm using a camera phone plus, I'm still learning on how to capture good pictures so please bear with me. It's probably hard to tell but the consistency of the product is like a chapstick/llip balm but softer and oilier. This actually turns into oil when you massage it on your skin.



The shiny part on my fingers is the product once massaged. On the website, it says to massage the product on dry skin then rinse with warm water. What I always do is to massage the product on my face then use a dry muslin cloth or towel to cleanse. I splash a water on my face after because I just love a water on my skin before I proceed to my skin care routine. I also sometimes wet my cloth with warm water to take off the product. Others will just use a dry towel then proceed to skin care routine.

This is so easy to use and easy to take off the dirt or makeup on your skin. And when I say "take off", it literally takes off everything! I use a toner after I cleanse just to make sure that there is no dirt left but you'll see the cotton pad clean. I also prefer to use this when taking off eye makeup. I usually use Bioderma for my eyes and I don't use an eye makeup remover. This takes off waterproof mascara easily. Don't get me wrong, Bioderma Micellar Water takes off my eye makeup too but this cleansing balm is a lot easier and faster to use. This leaves my skin moisturized and soft. Other cleansers leave my skin tight and dull. Also, 1 tub lasted me for many months. A little goes a long way with this product so I think the price is reasonable. 

When I first used this product, my skin reacted so I thought that this didn't suit me. There were growing bumps on my skin and that was the peak of my skin acting up. I was so stressed because aside from treating my hormonal acne and looking forward to less bumps, I find that there were more growing acnes. I almost gave up on this and I was so sad because I really liked this product. After my window or skin adjusted for a week, I find that there were no growing bumps and it was a lot less than before. Also, it leaves a residue when it gets in my eyes and I'd have a blurry vision. It's a bit annoying but I can live with that since it's gonna be fine once I rinse my eyes. 

WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT? yes! yes! yes!
WOULD I REPURCHASE? yes! it's actually my nth tub 😁😁😁 I don't remember but I've been using this for 4 or 5 years

Comments

Popular Posts