The Best Cleansers of Brushstrokes and Lullabies

   Happy new year! I know it's been ages but I've been really busy with work and kids, so it really took me a long time to write a new blog. It's great to be back! Now, let's get straight to the point. Here are my best cleansers in no particular order and I can't live without these.



1. Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm


   If you've read my previous blog posts, then you'll know that I've written a blog about this. If not, then you may read it here http://brushstrokesandlullabies.blogspot.com/2017/03/hg-cleanser.html for my full review.

2. DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

                                               http://www.dhccare.com/deep-cleansing-oil


                                                        with lock that secures the pump

   I bought this in Japan but you can get it here https://www.tokyobeauty.ph/product-page/dhc-deep-cleansing-oil for Php1350 (120 ml)

   This cleanser smells like mint but just a little bit. It is an oil cleanser. The color is yellow because its main ingredient is olive. The consistency is exactly like olive oil, the one you use for cooking 😁 (well, i just said that the main ingredient is olive oil and here I am making a fool of myself by saying that this looks exactly like cooking oil 😫). The reason why it made it to my best cleansers list is because it takes off every trace of make-up and dirt on my face. It also leaves moisture on my combo skin. That's probably why it is called deep cleansing oil. It lives up to its promise!

   Just to let you know, my skin adjusted to this for a week. Of course it's much better now and I really  really can't live without this. Here are the pictures of the oil cleanser's consistency:



HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

3. Bioderma Micellar Water

                                  http://www.bioderma.com/en/our-products/sensibio/h2o

   I will never trade this for any micellar waters out there. This is my HG micellar water. It is available in any Bioderma counter at selected SM dept stores. They also have a kiosk at SM Megamall B 2nd flr. 250 ml costs more or less than Php900.

   This is fragrance-free and the consistency is exactly like water. The reasons why it is my HG micellar water are: it is so gentle; and it takes off the make-up- All of it! But I suggest that you use a stronger cleanser after using this for proper cleansing. I use this when I'm in a hurry or as my first cleanse. I also use this as my eye cleanser. It doesn't sting and takes off everything including stubborn mascara and falsies without ruining it. My sensitive skin didn't react to this at all. It doesn't dry out my skin nor leave moisture. The problem is, it is expensive 😔 

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!


4. Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser

                                   https://www.glossier.com/products/milky-jelly-cleanser

   This is my go-to cleanser in the morning. I also use this as my first cleanse in the evening when I'm not wearing any make-up. It costs Php1200 (177 ml) at https://www.instagram.com/glossiermnl/?hl=en 

   This is fragrance-free with a gel-like consistency. It is also gentle. My skin need not adjust to this at all. I wasn't sure about this at first but I've realized that I can't take my hands off of this.The reason why it made it to my best cleansers list is because inspite of it being gentle, it takes off the dirt on my skin. This claims to take off every trace of make-up, though I haven't tried it. I also find that I need a stronger cleanser to use after this. This doesn't leave moisture on my face but it doesn't dry out my skin either. By the way, this is my 2nd bottle 😊 

   The problem is, it's not easily available here in the Philippines. Glossiermnl has a limited stock of this everytime they have it on-hand. Also, it's hard to empty this bottle. I had to turn it upside down and scoop the remaining product. Here are the pictures of the consistency of the product:




RECOMMENDED!

   Just to let you know, I double cleanse my skin. I use a gentle cleanser for my first cleanse and a stronger cleanser for my second cleanse. I always use the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil as my second cleanse. I use a wet flanel or a muslin cloth to cleanse the product, then splash my face with water.


Comments

Popular Posts