I tried the 3-day cleanse and.. I finished early lol plus my story of weight gain

screenshots from https://www.loseweightbyeating.com/ 
* fat, sick and nearly dead picture was grabbed from google. I do not own any of the photos in this post.


my story

   A long time ago, 2 or 3 yrs ago to be exact πŸ˜†, I weighed 100 lbs. I'm 5'1 so I'm sure that I wasn't underweight at the time. But when I started taking prescription drugs by my psychiatrist, I gained weight. A. LOT. HUGE. I was diagnosed with GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) and Hypochondrios. Anyway, I didn't really care much at the beginning. I thought "I can pull this off" or "I am gonna work this". But I have been receiving body shame since my weight gain. No matter how satisfied I am with myself, people will just look down on me and will "body shame" me.

   It's not easy especially I live here in the Philippines where people are petite. It is a bit frustrating. My body is also giving up on me (almost). My cholesterol is off the charts. So it's not just the opinion of others that upsets me, I also have health issues. I want to live a long life for my kids. I don't know if it's possible considering my family history. We are not really healthy and some of my relatives passed away at a young age. I can only hope of living until I'm 90 😁 so I have to take care of myself.

   I now weigh 156 lbs and I have been blaming my medication for gaining weight. It came to a point where I stopped taking meds so I'd lose weight but as it turns out, it didn't work for me. So yes, I'm still taking it and I'm having a really difficult time dealing with it.

   I was on NETFLIX, just browsing and I saw this


   Interesting, I thought. So, yes, I've watched it and I was inspired. 

   In case you don't know, this movie is about Joe Cross who was obese with an autoimmune disease drinking only fruit and vegetable juice for 60 days to lose weight. As you can see, he lost weight and is now meds free. Moving on..


3-day cleanse

   So I was inspired by this movie to take fruits and vegetables. I wanted to try his way (using a juicer) but I'm on a budget and fruits and vegetables are expensive here, so I thought, why not modify his technique? I thought about smoothies. I googled a cleansing smoothie or a detox smoothie recipe and I came across this post https://www.loseweightbyeating.com/detox-smoothie-recipes-weight-loss-cleanse/


   So I thought that this post is just about detox recipes. It turns out this post included the 3-day smoothie cleanse. I've never heard about this. 



   I gave this a try. If you want to try this, just click the link above. I failed this 3-day cleanse twice. On my first try, morning, after my first smoothie, I was on the toilet non-stop hours later. I immediately stopped and delayed this. I tried it again a few days later. 

   Before I tell you what happened, I want to say that I also modified this πŸ˜“ and that I only survived 2 days. Here it is:

day 1
morning: took a smoothie cleanse. I used pear, banana, spinach and a bit coconut water.
     effect: I was energetic for 1 hour. Yes, I timed it. 

lunch: meat and lettuce. I was definitely cheating. I think it was mentioned on the post that you should only eat lean meat and 70% vegetables but yeah, I cheated.

snack: took another smoothie cleanse with the same recipe above.
   effect: I was full but was looking for food after 1 hour.

evening: same smoothie
   effect: I was so hungry after an hour! Man, the struggle was real.

day 2
morning: woke up late so no breakfast but I was feeling dizzy and light-headed

lunch: a bit of processed corned beef, a bit of laing (dried vegetable leaves (taro leaves) in a coconut milk), fish and banana. Yes, I cheated again.

snack: munched on watermelon and took a smoothie. I used apple, banana, spinach, coconut water.
   effect: yes, I was still hungry afterwards

evening: took another smoothie. I used apple, avocado, spinach and buko juice (coconut water)
   effect: so hungry afterwards. I was telling my husband to take me to a near buffet once I finished this cleanse

day 3
morning: I was so weak, light-headed and felt more dizzy than day 2. I can't function enough to make my smoothie. It felt like I was gonna pass out so I was told to eat and I did.


   In the movie, Joe mentioned that you will feel weak on the first few days and eventually, your body will adjust and have this good energy. I know this is not what Joe did but I consider this a modified version of his juicing (with a cheat 😁) Maybe I just have low threshold of pain but I just can't function anymore. 

   I lost 2 pounds in my 2-day cleanse. There was no exercise. On my third day, I was looking for vegetables to eat. That was a surprise because I hate vegetables. I want to try the 3 day cleanse again but maybe a different version. We shall see 😡


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts