A Gentle Moisturizer for Combination Skin

I'm a big fan of French skincare products. They never disappoint and they just make my super sensitive skin beautiful. Like I mentioned on my previous posts, I'm into French and Japanese products. I just want to reiterate that I'm super in love with French beauty products and they always deliver the best. My super sensitive and chaotic skin is a proof that these products just work wonders.

Take my first blog as an example. It was about a skincare brand that I wouldn't/can't live without, La Roche Posay. It was like a miracle happened on my skin! But that wasn't the first French product that I used. It was actually Embryolisse followed by Caudalie (one of the best). I tried their moisturizer and my skin loved it. It's just unfortunate that these brands are not available locally so last year, I went looking for a good moisturizer that will suit my skin. I've tried a few but this certain product available in the Philippines has been a part of my routine and it's French! It's NUXE CREME FRAICHE DE BEAUTE LIGHT http://rustans-thebeautysource.com/en/product/nuxe-creme-fraiche-de-beaute-light/


On the website: This combination skin moisturizer cream, with Plant Milks and White Blossom, hydrates the skin for 24 hours. It restores the skin's natural water reserves. It soothes and reduces discomfort.
Leaves skin fresh, soft and shine-free throughout the day. For sensitive skin and combination skin.

It was also mentioned that it mattifies the skin. Having a combination and super sensitive skin, it really got my attention. I got mine from the Nuxe counter at Rustan's for Php1750 (1.5 oz). It comes in a squeezy tube package and the box has instructions and descriptions inside and out.




The smell? Okay, I had a bit of an issue with the smell. At first, I didn't like it! It smells like my grandmother's perfume and flowery. It has a strong fragrance, I kid you not! But I got used to it so after a few weeks of using this, it didn't bother me anymore. The consistency of the moisturizer is thin and runny, exactly like the consistency of an emulsion (which is why this is also called emulsion lol). I have to shake it before I use it because the moisturizer tends to separate. It doesn't dry matte. 



I'm sorry, the picture doesn't give justice to the product.

If you'll notice, the left side has a bit of a shine. It doesn't give glow but that is the result after you massage the product on the skin. It dries down after a few minutes but again, not matte. I only use a small amount of this on my face and small amount on my neck. With this product, a little goes a long way. I find that this is too moisturizing for my combination skin. I love using this especially when I have dry patches. It just hydrates and moisturizes but the center of my face is oily and too shiny. I also find that this doesn't sit well with makeup. I get too shiny after an hour and I'm not that oily. What I also love about this in spite the smell is the gentleness. My skin only adjusted to this for a day (I have a 7-day window for my skin to adjust with a product). I found a pimple and my face was itchy but it was okay the next day until now. And yes! I still consider it gentle despite the reaction for a day! And what I love most about this is it lived up to its promise: FOR SENSITIVE AND COMBINATION SKIN; HYDRATES 24 HRS

Would I recommend this? YES BUT FOR COMBINATION TO DRY SKIN ONLY





Comments

Popular Posts