What is a sheet mask? What is its effect on me?




I love pampering myself, who doesn't? I feel pampered and stressed free when I get pedicures, foot spa and when I use face and sheet masks. Those are actually my go to when I'm depressed and happy. I love how relaxing it is when I use masks. Even though I prefer face masks, I still want to use sheet masks if only they won't fail me. What are sheet masks? Sheet masks are face-shaped fabrics soaked in a serum. It delivers product deep into the skin in a concentrated way. However, not all masks are created equal. What is the difference between face masks and sheet masks? Face masks comes in tubes/tubs and the consistency is creamy and pasty. You directly apply this on your skin unlike the sheet masks, you have to put it on your face. You probably know this already so I'm not gonna make this too long. Let's begin and discuss these masks.

EKEL AND TONY MOLY SHEET MASKS


These are Korean sheet masks. Korean sheet masks are famous since we all know that their sheet masks are effective. I think sheet masks originated in Korea that's probably why they made it famous (lol). Pomegranate Ekel mask is the first mask I've used.

 *grabbed from google

I liked how this mask fitted me. Other masks were too big for me but this fitted perfectly. I remember this having a citrusy scent and was told that you will get a hydrating and glowing skin after use. I put this on for 10-15 min and just wait for the result. Less than 2 minutes of using, my face was itching and there was a burning sensation. After use, my skin was red. A few minutes after, you'll find bumps on my face. Even though my skin reacted, I find my skin hydrated but not glowing. Same thing happened with the Tony Moly so I decided not to use the other masks. My mother-in-law gave me the Ekel masks as a pasalubong from Korea. I'm not sure if it's available locally and I've no idea how much it costs. I bought the Tony Moly masks at the SM dept store for less than 100 per mask.


LULULUN SHEET MASKS


This is very famous in Japan. This affordable Japanese mask comes in different types of mask. I got the Fresh Clear type which has vitamin C. It says that it hydrates, gives radiance and heals scars faster. This mask is a bit bigger than the Ekel masks. It has a mild scent and has a lot of serum compared to the Tony Moly and Ekel masks. A pack of this comes with 7 sheets since you're supposed to use it everyday unlike Korean masks which normally contain 1-2 sheets only. I first got the 7-day pack and I liked how it gave radiance on my skin. I immediately bought the 32-day pack after my trial with this mask.

Grabbed from google. This is what a 7 day pack looks like. This is a different type of Lululun sheet mask though. I think this is the hydrating Lululun sheet mask and comes with a 42 day pack as well.



This is the 32 day pack of clear mask. This is where you open and seal the mask. Like any other sheet mask, I also put this on my skin for 10-15 minutes.


I put a cling wrap on it just to be sure that it is completely sealed. It's not necessary.

After 2 weeks, I noticed I was getting bumps. At first I thought it was because I binged on chocolates so I stopped eating it for a week. But I was still getting more bumps so I stopped using this. It turns out that after 2 weeks of using this mask, it didn't suit me. Too bad, I really liked this mask. Despite of what happened, I would still recommend this. It just probably didn't suit my very sensitive skin. It hydrated my skin and gave radiance but it didn't lighten my pigmentations nor healed my scars faster. Bear in mind that I only used this for 2 weeks. It's not available in the local stores but you may find this in some online stores. I got mine from Tokyo Beauty Ph  https://www.instagram.com/tokyobeauty.ph/ . This is an affordable mask. The 7 day pack costs Php 300 and the 32 day pack costs Php 1200. This price is only for the fresh clear type mask. If you want to try a different type of Lululun face mask then the price would be different.

I'd still find a sheet mask that will suit me. Nothing would stop me from trying on different sheet masks unless it's life threatening.

Comments

Popular Posts