my hero, my goddess,my idol and the real diva: SUMI JO

This is probably the only blog that I'll write that is related to music (unless I'll go see Natalie Dessay and Diana Damrau live). My plan was to make a blog that is only beauty related but I can't help it since I'm still hungover from the concert (my kind of concert) last night. You probably wonder why I'm BRUSHSTROKESANDLULLABIES. It was supposed to be "beauty sings" but it's no longer available. So, my husband suggested "brushstrokes and lullabies". Brushstrokes because it represents beauty and lullabies to represent me since my passion is music/singing. Last night, I went to see Sumi Jo. Sumi Jo is a world renowned soprano and I've been idolizing her since college. She is Korean but I think she resides in Italy. She is a great classical/opera singer and really has that beautiful voice! Most Filipinos don't appreciate classical music so I would totally understand if you won't read this. But if you do, thank you for your time and if you find it in your heart to listen to classical music then please do and please listen to Sumi Jo. My bucket list contains only three things: 1. To watch Sumi Jo live in concert/opera; 2. To watch Natalie Dessay live in concert/opera; 3. To watch Diana Damrau live in concert/opera. Bucket list checked off! I'm still in awe. I never thought that I would be able to watch and see Sumi Jo live here in Manila. I always thought that I should go to Europe just to see them live but last night.. It was just surreal!


I'm still emotional. I was in tears last night! It was just so beautiful and.. surreal. I'm really a big fan of Sumi Jo and I still want to sound like her. Ever since I first heard her, I've been dying to have that timbre, that voice. The first piece that I heard her sing was Der Holle Rache (Queen of the Night) from the opera Die Zauberflote (Magic Flute). Those high notes were magical! You may listen to it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTx1BeHiyvw . Please do, it's worth it! I also have some clips from last night. I'll try to upload them as soon as possible. I'm also proud and moved by my friend's performance from last night. Paul Galvez was the only guest performer (aside from the accompanist). He was amazing and I'm so so proud. Watch out for him! To the one reading this, I hope you'll also support classical music and the three sopranos mentioned the way I do.









Comments

Popular Posts