high-end moisturizer for acne-prone skin

I've never had a chaotic skin until i gave birth to my second child. Like I've mentioned on my previous posts, my face was screaming acne and dry. Since then I became conscious and started to look after my skin. It was really terrible, I kid you not. I went to a dermatologist and she told me to undergo accutane and prescribed a cream, face wash and pills. Thinking creams would be a lot cheaper than visiting the dermatologist for accutane weekly, I researched for good products on my skin. It led me to KIEHL'S BLUE HERBAL MOISTURIZER https://www.facebook.com/KiehlsPhilippines/ when I was looking for a good moisturizer for acne-prone skin.


On the website: 

Blemish fighting moisturizer that helps fight acne blemishes; 

  • Mattifies skin, reducing the appearance of pores and leaving skin with a matte, hydrated appearance and texture
  • Non-comedogenic formulation helps prevent new acne blemishes from forming

As you can see on the picture, it also says that this product has salicylic acid and extracts of cinnamon bark and ginger root FOR OILY, BLEMISH-PRONE SKIN.  This product controls breakouts and minimizes appearance of pores. I also read some reviews saying that this moisturizer helped clear their skin and is hydrating but drying may occur. I got mine from the Kiehl's store at Edsa Shang-ri la for Php1850 (100 ml).


It comes in a squeezy tube. The smell for me is unbearable. It's like saliva gone bad 😆😆😆 seriously, it's really unpleasant. I think it's the herbs that's making the smell bad. At first its smells like glue but once you spread it on your skin, the smell becomes saliva (gone bad). REALLY. It sounds weird, I know. It's definitely the herbs. This moisturizer is easy to spread on the skin with its slightly runny lotion consistency. It feels tacky to be honest. The lotion is green-ish with a drop of blue. I'm so not good with descriptions 😂😂😂 

On the website, it says to cover the face with a thin layer 1-3x a day but reduce application to every other day depending how dry your skin is. I used a pea-sized of this during morning. I don't know if it's the weather because I live in a tropical country or my skin but my face was oily the entire day when I applied this. I was told that this is supposed to be drying or mattifying but it was like grease spread on my face. And I wasn't that oily! Actually I have acne-prone, combination and super sensitive skin so I was really surprised that it was oily the entire day. I was a bit frustrated when I used this because my skin was not just oily but this also caused my skin to break out 😢😢😢 I was assured by the saleslady (and the website) that this is great for acne-prone skin because of the salicylic acid but it just worsened my skin. I tried to use this many times because I thought my skin was just getting used to this but it was just getting worse and worse everyday. Also, it was greasy and the smell stays on for a long time. I can smell it the whole time it was on me. I never thought about using this under makeup or as a primer because of the results. So I gave it away to my sister-in-law. She has normal skin and it's not sensitive at all. But when she used this, her skin broke out and her face was also became oily. She also got rid of this. I had high expectations for this product. Sadly, its just not for me.

*Would I recommend this? NO. I'D  RECOMMEND OTHER PRODUCTS OF KIEHL'S BUT DEFINITELY NOT THIS ONE
*Would I use this under make-up? NO
*Would I re-purchase? NO

Comments

Popular Posts