Late Review of Benefit They're Real! Mascara

I'm always on the hunt for a good mascara (aside from skincare products). I have thin and short lashes, they call it Asian lashes. I'm not complaining because I know I'll find a good mascara. I'm a big fan of twiggy eyelashes so when I'm wearing makeup, I make sure that I put on mascara. I just love that it opens up my eyes and sometimes gives a brighter look. 

I was hesitant to get this mascara even though I've heard good reviews. I've always been loyal to this certain brand of mascara (not going to mention), it was my first love. But it kinda disappointed me when it gave up on me so, I've decided to give BENEFIT THEY'RE REAL! MASCARA http://www.sephora.ph/products/benefit-cosmetics-theyre-real-mascara/v/8-5g a try. One of my closest friends recommended this to me.


On Sephora Ph's website it says: Widen your eye appearance with this mascara. Its bristles help to create excellent length and curls your lashes from base to tip. It prevents any signs of smudging or drying even after multiple touch-ups. I was told that this is a water resistant mascara. I use a waterproof mascara because I have watery eyes but they told me it wouldn't be an issue if I use this. I was also told that this is perfect for Asian lashes rather than the Benefit Roller Lash because it also gives volume. Okay, SOLD!



I got this from the Benefit counter at Rustan's for Php1400 which weighs 8.5 g. This is also available at Sephora Ph for the same price. It has a thick and a bit shiny consistency which made me think that the saleslady might be right (gives volume and length). It has a subtle smell of a marker, really subtle that you won't even notice. It is a ball tip flexible wand with a plastic spiky bristles. It would've been nice if the bristles are hair. I prefer to use this with 1 coat only because it gives me a clumpy lashes when I put 2-3 coats. And like I said earlier, I'm a big fan of twiggy eyelashes so I coat all eyelashes including underneath.

I was surprised when I used this. It didn't give the volume that they told me and it didn't hold my curl. I'm not using a cheap eyelash curler, it's Shu Uemura and it's been tried and tested. I have to agree that Shu Uemura is one of the best lash curlers so it's definitely the mascara. It also didn't matter whether I put 1,2 or 3 coats since it had the same result. What's worse is that an hour from putting this on, I was so shocked to find that I had a mascara fall out! I didn't even know it was possible!



Right eye. Do we see this? I meant the fall out.I was horrified!



Left eye. It wasn't as clear as the first picture but I swear it also has fall out. This was taken an hour from putting the mascara on. I also gave a good curl before putting this on and look, it was like.. Nothing. I was really disappointed. 

* Does it volumize? NO
* Does it lengthen? YES BUT DOESN'T HOLD THE CURL SO IT'S USELESS
* Longevity- FALLS OUT AFTER 1 HOUR

Too bad, It didn't work for me.

Comments

Popular Posts