Korean Lip Scrub

I've been looking for a good and affordable lip exfoliator. Available lip exfoliators here in the Philippines are expensive. Of course, I'm referring to the ones that have good quality. The cheap ones are usually lip balms. I have dry and most of the time flaky lips. I'm also prone to lip burn so I have good lip balms ready on my nightstand. Aside from moisturizing my lips at night, I also want to make sure that it is exfoliated. One of the many ways that I exfoliate my lips is by brushing them using a toothbrush. Others might find it abrasive but I actually like it rather than feeling the flakiness of my lips with a lip balm on (you get what I mean?). I don't understand why cause I drink lots of water. And I just feel uneasy when my lips are not cooperating. So when I found out this product through my favorite beauty guru, I immediately bought it.

TONY MOLY KISS KISS LIP SCRUB http://www.tonymoly.ph/Product/ProductDescription/8806358537609


On the website: 1. Removes dead skin cells and make lips soft, smooth and elastic 2. With vegetable nature scrub complex 3. Help lip essence balm absorb into lips



This also has jojoba and macadamia oil butter-coating the dry lips with effective peeling honey. They claimed this non-irritating to the lip skin. I got this at the Tony Moly store located at SM Megamall for more or less than Php250 (9g). On the Tony Moly Ph website, the price is Php298. I got mine last year and I forgot the exact price. It's also probably more expensive on the website. I will get back to you for the price when I visit their store.


Will you look at the packaging? It's just too cute! My daughters have been fighting over this. They want to take it not just to play with it, but to use it as well. To open, you turn it counter-clockwise and you will find a lid which is perfect to retain or store the product properly. It will also prevent the product from spilling.



The consistency is a bit thick cream with grains. It's the same with St. Ives Apricot Scrub only a bit thicker. I also love the smell! It smells like strawberry and sweet. Actually the grains look like chopped strawberry seeds. I wonder if those are actually real strawberry seeds. Whenever I use this, I just put a small amount and massage it on my lips. A little goes a long way so my lip scrub looks like it's barely touched. On the website, it says to wipe or rinse with water after massage then put lip balm. I just wipe it with tissue and proceed with lipstick.

I find this product moisturizing than exfoliating. It's true that this won't irritate your lips, it's really gentle. I don't think the grains do anything, I just think it's for decoration. To be honest, I want to use my toothbrush more for exfoliating than using this. This is still a good product but I don't think it lived up to its name "lip scrub". Probably because other products that I've used were abrasive than this. On the good side, they lived up to what they claimed "non-irritating". Don't expect your lips moisturized for a very long time. Mine is good for 3 hours max with or without lipstick.



BEFORE LIP SCRUB- upper left
AFTER LIP SCRUB- upper right
WITH LIPSTICK- lower picture

It is unnoticeable how dull my lips were on the before picture because I used a camera phone only. But it was a bit dry, not flaky. It is also unnoticeable how my lips were moisturized on the after picture but it was really moisturized, soft and shiny. You wouldn't notice any difference but I still posted it anyway hoping you'll be able to decipher it lol. On the lower picture is how it looked like when you apply lipstick right after you use the product. I just put it straight from the bullet for the purpose of this blog so please excuse my application if it's not presentable and the pimple as well lol. I actually used a matte lipstick which is MAC RUBY WOO and we all know how drying this lipstick is. I'm sorry the picture doesn't do any justice but the product sits well with the lipstick. Application (lipstick) goes on smoothly after lip scrub.

Would I recommend this? YES. IT'S AN OKAY PRODUCT CONSIDERING THE PRICE (AFFORDABLE)

Comments

Popular Posts